Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Letter 47:: 10/14/2013


Well hi, It has been a good week. Nothing too special but a solid week for missionary work.
It sounds like all is well back in the USA.... haha sometimes I feel like I am in another country plus we here all these crazy things like the government is shut down and a hurricane is coming... so yes it is pretty exciting. All I know is that this is the work of the lord and that it is hastening. I think every week more and more people are accepting to be baptized here in New Jersey and it is so exciting. 
But good to hear from you all and the good things happening back at home. Oh that is soo cool that the sister missionaries are in our ward. Do they only serve in our area because that would be such a blessing. Help them with whatever you can and dont be afraid to do missionary work. Nothing will make you happier :) I promise.
Haha that is crazy that Grandma was in Newark, that is 22 miles away from me. (I know because I walk by the sign everyday :) ) 
Oh and the beautiful news that I will tell you in case you dont know spanish is that I am staying here in Somerset for at least one more transfer and with Elder Perez too :) I am so happy. I have really grown to love the people here, and now the work is just starting to pick up here, we are excited to help it explode. Pray that it will. 
Ok so marissa is coming. That is awesome. Though I do have a little fear that I would see her because we are close to our house a lot and our area really isnt big. I love you Marissa but I dont really want to see you ;)  haha but what would be awesome is if you dropped it off at the mission office. I think that is closer anyways to Maplewood and I would get it the next week because we have Zone Conference on the 20th. SO that would be perfect. 
Oh and the cds were Nashville Tribute "The Work" and the Lower Lights but I am not sure if they have that one at Deseret Book..  or talks by Hank Smith too would be sweet. Anything is great. 
Mom you are the best good Job on reading the Book of Mormon. Our challenge was to read by the end of this transfer and I am on 3 nefi right now..so. Hopefully I can finish it soon. I am a slow reader..But I love that book!!!
Well like I said the work is going well. I also have a greater motivation to do better on learning spanish. It is easy sometimes out here to get in the habit of speaking English.. 
We were able to teach Keiry' s dad again and he is great, we are excited to continue working with her family and help them get stronger and stronger. I realized even more this week how important famles are in Gods plan. There is an obvious reason we have them and it is so that we can help each other. You all have done that for me and I am so thankful I love you!
Yes, we have been focussing on faith. One thing we do as part of our zone goal is called Sacred Grove time. After planning we go to a private room or closet and pray out loud. It has been amazing the peace that I have felt and how my faith has increased as I specifically pray for it. And we take 15 minutes to study about Jesus Christ each day. My faith in him and the Atonement has already increased. I know he lives and that he is our Savior. I know Heavenly Father lives and loves us and hears us.
I hope you have a Great week!
Love Elder Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment