Saturday, September 28, 2013

Letter 37:: 7/1/2013


Well hey this week literally just flew by and it was a geat week. Of course there were a few things that were pretty stressfull.. but hey, that is part of life :)
That is sweet that y'all are in Oklahoma, I was actually thinking about that today, when we got in that huge rain storm while we were driving on the freeway.. we had a rainstorm like that this morning, it was crazy haha our neighbor literally had a waterfall in his backyard because there was so much water. But it sounds like you all are having a great time over there in OKC. Tell them all I say hi, are you going to the same places we did last year? like the zoo. best place ever.  It is wierd to think about my neices and nephews any older.. haha pictures would be great ;)
Okay and yes suggestions for the whole being too tense thing from Braden would be great. Each week I feel like there is a pretty good lesson that I learn on something I am striving to improve on. This week, It was just that. I really focussed on letting my personality and who I was come out more and using that in missionary work instead of being more of a robot, but at the same time being an obedient missionary and dignified missionary. It is hard to find the balance, but I learned a lot this week as I focussed on it. I learned I need to be confident in the things I know are right and there are some things that I expect too much out of myself and sometimes others. I learned that the way I can do it is really focussing on the talents in my patriarchal blessing and striving to have christlike attributes. With doing these I can be obedient and love my mission and each moment of it. I did that this week and I feel so happy and positive and the work is just better and better. Last night laying in bed I realized how much I really do love it here and I pray that love will keep increasing.
Update on Pedro, we had a lesson with him this week and he accepted a baptismal date! he is so prepared. Also while I was on an exchange Elder Wood and Elder Christenson taught the English Class and another lady came named Perla. As they taught the Book of Mormon, she loved it. Pedro was there and basically bore his testimony of how the Book of Mormon brings peace. At the end she prayed and started crying and thanking Heavenly Father for the chance to meet the missionaries and now what she needs to do in here life. So pretty sweet experience. The English Class is working so well with finding new investigators. It is great.
This week was just a great week. I loved it. Yes I am so thankful for the opportunity to have this calling. I love our district so much. Every one of us are new missionaries so it is a great opportuniy to learn.
Oh and we had an all mission activity this last week. It was great. we played games had skits and the new york temple President came and talked to us. Great time.
I gained an even stronger testimony this week of moms saying " positive thoughts brings positive results" :)  IT is true as. I saw the good and prayed for love God blessed me so much and I was soo much happier and less stressed it was amazing! Also reading in the Book of Mormon brought the peace I need.
  I love you all so much!!! Have a great time in OKC, or in whatever other part of the world you may be.. probably Utah :)
 
Love Elder Tanner Boyer
Oh ps... Our monthly focus this week is Isaiah 29 18 and it is on the Book of Mormon and the light in the darkness it is in our life or can bring. I know if anyone is struggling with anything this WILL help you. We are being challenged to read the Book Of Mormon in 90 days and anyone of you that want to join us will be really blessed and happy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment