Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Letter 46:: 10/7/2013

Well hi there back home. That really was such a great conference weekend :) I dont even know wheretoo start. I think I just want to start with bragging a little bit about how I am in the best mission. ;) So here are some cool stats they told us in Zone Meeting last week.New Jersey Is 50th in the United States for the amount per capital of members of the church. So pretty much we have the least amount of members here. and we are the 4th most baptizing mission in the US. there is a lot of work to do here and our mission is working hard on getting that done :)

And then I dont know if you all heard but we got a shout out in conference. Two actually. Pres. Eyring talked about New Jersey where he grew up and Elder Christopherson told that awesome story about the lady that grew up in New Brunswick, New Jersey, and went to Rutgers University. (Both are in our area :) ) Plus we were watching conference in the church building Elder Christopherson grew up in. You should have seen us all when he started talking about it. we were all jumping for joy. I didnt even realize but I was doing a straight up fist bump. The other people there probably thought the missionaries were crazy... but it was exciting. I loved that talk. 
 
But I cant even tell you how much I loved conference. This year the scripture kept coming to mind " Whether by my voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same" I felt that. I felt that we were truly listening to the words of the Savior. So many talks strengthened my testimony. I was grateful for Elder Hollands talk as well. Elder Wood and I looked at each other, wondering if this was really happening. It was so cool.

Also yesterday Keiry was able to receive the Holy Ghost, we were able to get in to contact with her and she is doing much better. Bishop did not want to wait any longer so we confirmed her befrore the last session. We are grateful that she now has the Holy Ghost as a guide and we know that will help her. 
 
Right after conference we went over to the Bishops house for some good food. Our Bishop is awesome! he is young about the same age as Adam and he is a return missionary. After our lesson he drove us home and we began to get to know him better and we asked for advice for our investigators and now recent converts. Specifically Keiry and how to keep her strong and also how to help her family. Her mom is a less active member. So he asked if we could go see them right then. So we went and we were able to have a simple and powerful lesson with there family prayer and to open up the doors a little more. It was such a blessing to us. Bishop did most of the teaching and it was awesome. We just testified and that was it, and now we can move forward off of that foundation, we learned a lot from him on how to be more effective and powerful missionary. This ward is one of the best missionary wards and it is because Obispo Sevilla is focussed on it' Our saying now when we teach is " be like bishop" :) 
 
We also just found the most solid investigator named Roberto. I guess we gave him a pass along card about a month ago in the street and he called the number, some sisters in Salt lake have been teaching him over the phone and now we are, he came to conference and really enjoyed it. Just more evidence that people are prepared but we dont know unless we ask.
 
Well I better get going but I love you, dont forget to watch more and more conference and keep being uplifted . It is soo good. Well next week is transfers too so I will now if I am being transferred next monday. I love it her soooo much 
 
Okay well talk to you later : ) 
 
Love Elder Boyah

No comments:

Post a Comment