Thursday, November 21, 2013

Letter 45:: 9/30/2013

Hello family how are you all doing. I really loved your  letter this week. Someone told me that it was already snowing in Utah, I was pretty happy I wasnt there during that.. It is still pretty warm here and the leaves are just starting to change.. I am pretty excited to see them tho, not going to lie. It cools off at night but not too bad. We still dont really need a jacket. But I am pretty sure that that will change real soon because it is October! that is just crazy. And yes Next week is General Conference!!!!! I am so excited. I absolutely love Conference. That is crazy that the priesthood session is on TV this year. I guess we will just stay home and watch it on our TV then..... ;) I remember last October Conference, that is when I knew it was time to come back out and serve my mission. I love this time of Year :)
 Ok so as for this week it was a pretty hard but it was also good and  I grew a lot. I learned even more about Charity again this week.. so sorry I will talk about it again. but it is the monthly focus. Our next focus is Faith so you will get to here a lot about that next week :) 
This week was rough with Keiry. On thursday we had an appointment with her and we were really excited, but something happened before we came in and she asked us too leave. After that we werent able to get in contact with her and it was honestly really hard. She is going through some rough things in her personal life and we didnt know what to do to help. Plus she wasnt answering the door or the phone so we were afraid that it was something that we did or about the church. It was even harder because we know how much her having the Holy Ghost would help her and she still hasnt recieved it.. We were feeling pretty sad and also seeking a lot of revelation about how to help her. God answered those prayers and Fasts in different ways than we thought tho. Or initial desire was to have her be able to receive the Holy Ghost, but we werent able to talk to her so, she could not get it. The thought came to us to just be patient and to remember that things will happen in the Lords timing and this is part of the process for her conversion to the Gospel. Part of an answer to our prayers was the Package you sent :) We were feeling a little down and then our doorbell rang and there was the package, I was soooo happy! thank you so much. IT helped with Keiry too because the prompting came to us to give her some of those cookies with a picture of Christ so we did so. with a note. Like I said we didnt get in contact with her.. but this morning she sent a text, explaining that she was out of town and she just saw the cookies and note and she loved it. IT was good and a definite tender mercy. And know we learned even more that God has his timing and we know that it will all work out. But I learned even more this week that we are really at war with evil. That the adversary is working to bring us down especially the strong ones like you all and Keiry. I was getting pretty mad at him for doing that too. And then I realized that God is more powerful and that we are going to win this war. W e just have to keep fighting hard and not let him get to us or those we love. he is lame. I learned How God has blessed me with love for those I serve, I did not realize how much I love the people here until this week until this experience with Keiry. I felt so sad, and wanted to do whatever I could to help her. It gave me a taste of how God feels about us when we have hard things in our lives or are not able to recieve all the blessing he has for us. He loves Us SO MUCH. I know that. I felt that Love for those in our ward yesterday too as I sat in church and looked at them all. It is a cool feeling to truly want to help others receive Eternal Life.
Also Ashley is doing great, we taught them a few times this week, and she has a baptismal date for Oct. 20. She is such a happy girl and is exited about baptism and doing what is right. Chris will hopefully have a date tonight and Joandi later this week :) 
I honestly love my mission so much, I have never felt so happy and close to the Savior. I have to rely on him and I know that this is his Gospel :) it is so true and next week we get to hear from a Prophet of God and Apostles of The Lord Jesus Chirst. So amazing. We are blessed. 
Love you all!!
Elder Boyer
P.s sorry this was going to be a short letter I thought but it isnt. I will work on that. Oh and I got so excited to hear that there are missionaries in our ward now and they going to go over there. sweet.. Yes we meet with members all the time I love them. missionary work is so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment