Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Letter 49:: 11/4/2013


Well I have to start off with the pictures.. I loved them especially the skeleton one!!! I was actually just thinking like last night when someone was going going to get pregnant and you both are! (unless that is some kind of joke and if it is it wasnt very nice) I like Adams pizza too. Ah but that is soo cool. Congrats! It made me soo happy to see that picture. They wont even be very old when I get back so cool! 
Yes And I loved all of the pictures you sent. All your costumes are too good. Also I loved the pictures you sent in the package to of you all in OKC. Oh and I dint even recognize Jack. It was great to see all your faces.Thank you for the package mom! I got it on Halloween so it was perfect and Elder Perez and I enjoyed all the candy :).
The work out here was great this week. The Andino family came to church again and we had a great lesson with them yesterday, The son Ronny is probably one of the funniest kids ever. and he texted us last night to tell us he prayed. Vladimir is also doing even better. On saturday we were really able to have a good lesson. He told us that he knows he needs to be baptized and he knows that it is something that when he is baptized he will need to Endure to the End. We are trying to help him make that step. He accepted to work towards being baptized Nov. 23 :) He we will be ready too because he is great. Yesterday, we went to church with him in his car ( he lives down the street from us) He was awesome at church. We had a really funny lesson on the Law of Chastity and he loved it so that was good and in priesthood, it was a simple lesson on the priesthood. He even taught what the priesthood was to someone else he taught it better than I can. He will be a solid missionary.  It was pretty too on the way home we were talking about food (turns out Hispanics do not like Pb an j, at least the ones I have met) All of the sudden he turns into mcdonalds and gets in the drive through.. we didnt know what to say. So we told him a little bit about fasting and Sabbath.. he said "oh, I didnt know that". And he drove away. He is the best. 
I would ask just to keep praying for him especially and that we can find more people who are prepared. We are kinde of low on finding and we do not have a ton of investigators. 
Thank you for the spiritual thought. It helps. Especially because sometimes it is easy to feel that way, that I havent really done very much.sometimes I have dreams that I am home and it scares me because I dont know if I have done very much good and I want to do more. But it is comforting to know that no effort is wasted. Like with Vladimir, we said he would come to church the first two weeks and he didnnt and it was frustrating but then this week he promised us he would be at church before we even asked him.That is small example.
I know that is true that God shapes us through our trials and that if we trust in him we will be fit to enter his kingdom. It is amazing and I have felt that shaping and molding so much out here. God lives and loves us. I love you. Have a great week!
Love Elder Tanner Boyer

Ps. I prefer v neck and I think a large. also I may need some more white longsleev shirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment