Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Letter 50:: 11/18/2013


Well hello their everyone, haha it sounds like all is going well, The Kitchen looks amazing by the way, love it. Sounds like you and Bonnie had a lot of fun doing that. It is cool. We actually had a less active that was just doing that in their house and it looks a lot a like! cool :) Oh man that is a bummer to hear about Dad's ring.. I will most definitely pray.
Oh my goodness, Yes, I am incredibly excited for Thanksgiving and then Christmas time!! I love it and so many great things are happening as well out here. What are you all doing for Thanksgiving. Oh but this is the last week of the transfer so I could get transferred next week and be in a new area for thanksgiving, Kind of like last year. 
So are area keeps improving it has and continues to be a little bit of a struggle. I have learned a lot though about what works in finding and what doesnt work. So I feel like I am getting better as a missionary. I just want to keep on working. This month we are focusing on The Gospel _ Faith in Jesus Christ, Repentance, Baptism, The Holy Ghost and Enduring to the end and making that the center of all that we do, we are 
 also focusing on making our prayers more meaningful. Our Monthly Scripture is 

“Behold, my beloved brethren, remember the words of your God; pray unto him 
continually by day, and give thanks unto his holy name by night. Let your hearts 
rejoice.” 2 Ne 9: 52 
I noticed as we focus on having meaningful prayers how much happier and peaceful I feel afterwards. I love it! 
We also read a talk called "Purification". In the talk he is talks to makes and basically sets forth a program so we can be more purified and yield our hearts to God. We start with a Fast and in the attitude of Fasting we search for anything that "pokes" at our spirit or basically anything that distracts us from the work. Then we write it down, once we have our list of things we make a covenant with God to do a "spiritual fast" of those things for 40 days. We are then promised that we will be changed and purified and directed by the spirit of the Lord more fully in the work. So I started this, and have been doing it for about 10 days. I honestly can already feel a difference and I feel much closer to the lord by just making a few simple changes. I feel more now than I ever have that I am fulfilling my purpose as a missionary. And I am happier and more positive too :) ( Negativsm is one of the things on my list...)  I think this is one of my favorite scriptures now..

Nevertheless they did afast and bpray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their chumility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the dpurifying and the esanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their fyielding their hearts unto God.
Helaman 3:35 :) 

Yes I feel like it has made a big difference in my mission.. They gave us the talk and said that we could chose whether or not we would like to do it. I felt a very strong impression to do it. It was a very cool experience
 
And yes things are growing, we found three new investigators this week. One of them is the daughter of a couple that we used to teach, We taught them but they didnt progress a whole lot. Well right before that Fiesta that we had last week we got in contact with them and they showed up to the Fiesta with their whole family. Now there son who is 9 is asking them when they can go back and when we passed by the daughter was super excited to see us and listened in on the lesson. We are going back Wednesday with a sweet lesson with their family.. 
Also through looking through our area book we were able to Miraculousy find a less Active who is only 14 years old and wasnt baptized to long ago. We thought she had moved and she did but still lives in our area. And last but not least Vladimir took us out to eat to get some Dominican Food it was great but that wasnt even the best part. We taught him some commandments and he already keeps them. Like the word of wisdom not a problem. He even came to Church yesterday in a white shirt and tie. haha he is awesome and super funny. He still is unsure about baptism, he knows he needs to get baptized but says he just hasnt made a decision. He most likely has some doubt that we just got to find and then we can help him. Pray that we can find it!  
So yes like I said, I am living the good life out here, The Gospel is so real and true. and being a missionary is amazing! 
Love You All!, Elder Tanner Boyer
ps we had interviews with President this week too. so good to feel his spirit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment