Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Letter 59:: 2/18/2014


Well hi, so yes yesterday was Presidents day and today is transfers conference. So I get to write you. Luckily a big storm didn't hit today so the library has been open. This winter has been pretty harsh.. and I get to walk in it everyday. It is actually really fun except for when It is cold. but I am usually able to where enough clothes to be warm and we just have to visit lots of people so we can be indoors :) but hey I think that it is supposed to warm up this week!
Oh boy its a boy!! I knew it ;) that is awesome. Felizidades! so when are the due dates for the new children in the family? I forgot.. I am sorry. is it in the summer? That is pretty great news :) the second best news of the day is that I am NOT getting transferred!!! I am soo happy because I absolutely love Elizabeth and the people here. I was so nervous that I would be changed but all went well and me quedo aqui. I wish you all could see Elizabeth NJ, it is just a place that is one of a kind, I have never met so many different people in my life and I love them. I especially am thankful for the people we are working with and the trust and friendship that we have with them. Nora, Daniel, Angel, Marissa Lenzay and Naisha. and we are on a hunt to find more of those who are prepared. Elder Waite and I are staying together and we are excited and ready to work miracles in Elizabeth and put our trust in God.
So yes Nora was married and then baptized!! It was a great experience. There was a sweet spirit there the entire night and it was just a great experience. They are so happy with the change the Gospel has made in their life and they are determined to Endure to the end. We are still working with Daniel and he is getting there, he just wont come to church so we are doing all we can to meet with him more and help him be strengthened through the Book of Mormon so that he with increase his faith and to church and be baptized. So that is our plan.
As for Marissa, Lenzay, Naisha and the gang. They are getting there, Miracles are happening in their lives. The twins, Lenzay and Naisha are preparing to be baptized this week and are excited to do so. Marissa on the other hand said no to be baptized this week.  She wants to be baptized but she still has some concerns holding her back. Last night we had a important lesson with her and learned some more doubts, the answer was family prayer. Also this week we are going to focus more on the Book of Mormon and help here strengthen her faith in Jesus Christ and resolve concerns. I studied a lot about that this morning. One of the best quotes in Preach My Gospel says "The Book of Mormon combined with the spirit is your most powerful tool in conversion" We strongly believe that miracles will happen in her and all of our investigators lives as they read the Book of Mormon. That is the same with all of us, we want to be converted to the Gospel. Read the Book of Mormon. It is the best book ever! President issued another challenge for us to read it in 90 days and man I love it. Even when I am reading about wars and things that don't seem to be super spiritual I can feel the power of the Book of Mormon and I know it is the words of Christ.
Well that is the summary of the week I will let you all go
Love Elder Boyer
p.s Oh that makes me sad that all your letters have been sent back to you.. The address is right except the zip code. So this is the address
614 S. Broad St. #203
Elizabeth, NJ 07202

Thanks, sorry about that. Or you can send it to the office whatever you feel

No comments:

Post a Comment