Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Letter 58:: 2/10/2014


Woohooo. I knew that it would be a girl ;) that is pretty awesome. Congrats Adan y Eva, I mean Adam and Vanessa. That really makes me happy. I like that name a lot too. So are Aaron and Marissa going to find out? I think they will end up having twins again. That is my guess and they will both be girls. .
Well yes you are right on. It has been snowing like crazy over here. It just wont stop sometimes and it is really cold, Especially walking area. I cant feel my face and hands some days, but hey they haven't fallen off yet so there isn't much to worry about. Last Monday there was a big storm and I just got the email off before they closed the library down and then it snowed again.. later in the week and then it was supposed to snow a ton yesterday so we thought they might close the library down today. but it hardly snowed so that was good :) But we shoveled the nearby Pizza guys driveway and he made us some tasty pizza and he said he was interested in learning more. so the English Elders are going over tomorrow. I think it is funny how missionaries seem to make good friends with all the Pizza Guys that are nearby to our house, Pretty soon everyone that makes Pizza in Jersey will be a member!
Other than that the week went pretty good. A little bit of a rougher week as far as numbers are concerned but it was a successful week. We are finishing up all preparations for Nora's baptism and all is going well. Last night we actually finished up the program for her wedding and her baptism. It was funny because she was asking us questions about what to do in the program for the wedding. We aren't too experienced in that. One of the only things I could look back on was the wedding of Grandma and Rex. but we figured it out. It should be a good day. It is on Valentines day and she will be getting married and then baptized. Baptized by her new husband too, he just got the priesthood yesterday. And she has her family coming from Peru and they are all unfamiliar with the church. So this will be a great introduction. I was also looking back on her teaching record last night and it is amazing to see her conversion, She has been taught for a year and a half and now is fully committed to her baptism. I haven't been here nearly that long but It was great to read about and hear from her how living the Gospel has changed her life greatly.
As for Daniel, he is awesome.. but he wasn't at church yesterday.. so we still have some work with him to make sure he can be prepared for baptism. but he will get there
Marissa continues to progress well. We are really working to help her progress to the 23 of Febuary and she is making it there. God is making Miracles happen. Again this week as we visited her she broke down and told us her fears and also how much she loves her children and wants to be with them forever. At first I honestly had no idea what to say. So I said a silent prayer and I felt we just needed to listen and then we would be able to testify and comfort her when the time was right. That time came and we taught to have faith in Jesus Christ and how living the Gospel is the way she will have access to the Atonement. It was a sacred experience. As you have seen, She really has progressed a lot from when we first met her and her family and it is amazing to see how the Gospel has changed and blessed her life and will continue to do so.  I have a broader vision now of the changes the Gospel can make to someone as we talk to others on the street because I have seen it first hand. It is amazing, and I cherish the opportunity to be a part of it. I pray and please pray as well that she will continue to make the changes necessary in her life for salvation.
As for new investigators.. that is where we struggle. we really need to find some and I know there are some here. There are people everwhere, we are just going to spend more time contacting them and finding the ones who are prepared.
So this is the last week of the transfer and I just love it here so much. I am really hoping that I will stay here but I don't know. I will go where the Lord needs me no doubt, right now I just hope that that place is here in Elizabeth NJ.
Well have a good week!
Love Elder Boyer

Ps. So that is really weird that you haven't got the letter. I am positive that I sent it, so it must have gotten lost in the mail. I know that the Doctors office got a copy of it. I can talk to sister Gilbert today and see if there is away the Doctors office can fax that copy to the number that you sent.
Ok love you bye

No comments:

Post a Comment