Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Letter 57:: 2/3/2014


Well hi there! It sounds like there are a lot of things happening around there in the good old Utah and with the family. I loved hearing about how everything is going with the family and it was good to hear. Yup the super bowl was just down the street, actually probably like 30 minutes away, the stadium is actually pretty close to my first area in Passaic. It is actually in the Passaic sisters area and we were thinking they could probably get a lot of contacts just by standing outside the stadium, that would be pretty awesome if they did it on a soap box too :) I guess there were a lot of people here in New Jersey Pretty sweet, but we didn't here a lot about the game especially in the Spanish program.. I don't even know if anyone watched it.
Well that is exciting news that they are going to find out tomorrow my guess is that it will be a girl :) and maybe a boy too, maybe twins. one of those. Wait Aaron and Marissa might not know soon, are they waiting to see what it is? ok anyways and they are moving to Lehi! whoa but that sounds pretty good and all is well. I hope and pray all goes well for Dad and his Jobs too, that is pretty awesome you could apply for those. The Lord will lead you to the right one if you trust in him :)
So I guess I can start off with a little about my comp since you asked me about him. He is awesome and we get along great. He was actually my District leader when I was in Somerset. He is doing better as well with his sickness, he knows the scriptures well and is very good at knowing what to teach in order to teach to conversion and not just teach. I am learning a lot from him and his advice.
So investigators are doing well. Daniel came to church yesterday!! I don't know if you remember him but he is the dry Mormon, who is awesome but he has not been to church since he moved here from the D.R. and he wants to be baptized. well he came to church yesterday and he know has a sweet Dominican friend at church so that will be good for him.
All continues to go well for Nora and her marriage and baptism. She actually wants to get married and baptized on the same day. She is getting married by the bishop. We will see what happens
Marissa and the twins are doing well. Like I said there baptism was scheduled for yesterday but it didn't happen. They still need to learn some of the commandments. This last week was really good for Marissa and her conversion. We had a lot of members visit her with us and she is making good friends with the members. Also she is understanding more about the Savior and his Atonement. She said she definitely wants to be baptized but she is waiting for  a confirmation to tell her to do so and then she will do it. We have planned to teach the Holy Ghost and help her understand what she can do to show her faith so the confirmation will come.
Like I said last week, I was feeling a little stressed out. This week we had interviews with President and Sister Jeppson and afterwards I realized the simple things I could do better that would lessen my stress. It was reading the Book of Mormon, and making my prayers more meaningful. basically giving myself time to ponder, think pray and receive packets of revelation. So I started doing that and I feel a lot better. I am So happy and I love it out here. In our interviews with President he told me something that is a little scary to think about. That is that he said I am entering the 4th quarter of my mission and he wanted me to think of a vision of the missionary I am going to be this 4th quarter. I have been thinking a lot about that and after doing so I have decided that my vision is to be strong, faithful , confident,  and leader among my peers in order to be the instrument in Gods hands that I have promised to be.
That is my vision and I know it is possible.
Well I don't have a lot more. I hope you have a great week out there and don't have too much fun :) I love you all!
Love Elder Boyer
p.s. I just sent the paper in the mail but I wasn't able to send it off until like Friday or Saturday of last week so it might not have arrived yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment