Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Letter 56:: 1/27/2014


I know that you all missed me very much but don't worry I am still here. Lets just say these past few weeks have been a little bit crazy.. but good nonetheless. I am sorry for not emailing  you last week but yes.. you got it exactly right. we couldn't email on Martin Luther King day and then a nice big snow storm hit.. The worst part about it was that we walked to the library and it was freezing outside and when we got there we found out that it was closed.. Plus Elder Waite has been really sick and so it was hard for him to even leave the house. We went to the church and thawed out for a little then we went again the next day because we called and it said they were open, and when we got there they were closed... it was a little frustrating but hey, we contacted some people and they got to hear the Gospel. But like I said this last week has been hard. Elder Waite doesn't feel good enough someday to even leave the house and when we do we haven't been able to see a lot of people. Plus it has been stressful because Marissa and her kids baptism is coming up and we want to make sure that they are ready. The truth is I let myself stress a little too much about that. So yes.
The good news though is that We saw a Doctor this morning and he is feeling better, I am allowing myself to calm down and trust in the Lord that all will work out for Marissas baptism this week and she will be ready. Oh also when I went to the Doctors office I got the paper for the drivers license signed by the Doctor and will be sending that to you today :) 
That is also the good news. The baptism for Marissa, Lenzay, and Naisha. We have work to do but they are great and their heart changes everyday. Please keep this whole situation in your prayers. That it will work out :) We also just found out that the twins might move to Argentina to live with Marissas sister. They used to live in Buenos Aires. Cool huh? but they wont be able to be baptized If they move.. at least here in the U.S so we are hoping that they stay and that way they will be together as a family too :) but whatever happens is the lords plan. That I do know. They are doing great though and Marissa knows these things are true and wants to be baptized she just is afraid sometimes so our goal is to be positive and help her to have that Faith and hope that all will work out and it will. I need that faith and hope as well.
Daniel on the other hand still wasn't able to come to church. We aren't really sure what his hold up is but we will keep working with him. We call him a dry Mormon - less active. because he basically is a member except he hasn't been to church in a long time.
Nora is doing awesome! we met with her last night and she is ready for baptism and to get married. Her family is already here from Peru and last night she asked us if she could be baptized on the same day that she gets married. So that might be what happens, that is Febuary 14. Valentines day :) also they gave us really cool hats from Peru last night and some tasty food. They are awesome and we were so grateful. Also the contacting is going well. I have never talked to so many people in my whole life. The other day we contacted 27 people it was fun. It was freezing outside and all our appointments fell through so we literally talked to every person that we saw on the street. We had to do some fancy maneuvers to catch some people and some still got away ;) I love talking to people though, it isn't as hard as it seems and some stories are amazing. It is one of the best parts of being a missionary and you just feel good after trying to share the Gospel with everyone.
Well other than that I don't know. Thank you soooooo much for the package and everything you got me. I loved it all so much. The music is great and the snacks. Some Elders told the bishop it was my birthday when we were at church, so I was asked to give a talk with about 10 minute notice. That was fun.... Also  oh and for the Jesus The Christ book, I was wondering if it could be a leather bound one. I have the other books so I don't need them all. Don't worry about buying one though.
Well I guess it is time to go now. I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ and we are each a part of it. I love that fact, Christ is the head of the Church and because of that we each represent him. and are called to serve others and do as Christ would at all times, things and places.
I read this the other day and I really like it as we are striving to help others make this covenant.
Mosiah 5:88 
And under this head ye are made afree, and there is bno other head whereby ye can be made free. There is no other cname given whereby salvation cometh; therefore, I would that ye should dtake upon you the name of Christ, all you that have entered into the covenant with God that ye should be obedient unto the end of your lives.

Well I hope that you have a great week!
Love Elder Tanner Boyer

Ps. Mom way to go on reading the Book of Mormon. I am in Alma too! Keep it up, I will too. the Book of Mormon changes lives
IMPORTANT*** I love you all

No comments:

Post a Comment