Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Letter 55:: 1/13/2014


Well hello, I am really happy right now. I hope you are too. I am glad to hear that you had a great week back in good old Utah. But I am sorry to hear about Dads talk, but someone else will need to hear your words another time :) So wait did you watch the Work of Salvation in Sacrament meeting or just on your own time because that would be pretty sweet if you did. It really is so powerful. The past few weeks we have had some great meetings here in Elizabeth. Last Sunday Elder Olsen from the Seventy came along with Pres. Jeppson, and the Stake President to do a training on Ward Council to the ward council. It was awesome, I learned so much about how we can all work together to work miracles. This week again we had another meeting with the stake presidency and stake and ward leaders of all auxilarrries. It was so good and the end we just split off with the ward mission leader, the bishop and the member of the stake presidency and talked about how we can work better together. Stake presidency member said when he was a branch pres. for his branch in Neward  of about 30 he called all of them as ward missionaries and they had double calling. Newark has grown greatly. The work of Salvation is exciting I could probably go on and on :) so yes good stuff.
This week was pretty good, we had zone meeting and two other things that we are focussing on is contacting and memorizing scriptures. Our goal is to contact atleast 10 people everyday.  I love it. Contacting is always a little uncomfortable but like I said it grows on you. I love talking to people and listening to there stories and here in Elizabeth New Jersey there are all sorts of different people. We have met people this week that have shared expereinces in their life that were no doubt Miracles. In Preach My Gospel it says, that opening your mouth is an act of Faith and faith invites Miracles. Well that is true. It feels so good to know that we are sharing this message with everyone we can. Our investigators are doing well too. They are just having a little bit of a hard time coming to church. Well Daniel and Marissa are. For some reason we can never get there whole family to come together. Either Marissa will come and here the twins wont or one of the twins will come and Marissa wont. THat is what happened this week. But they are all preparing and excited to be baptized. Last night we were talking about families with them and the blessing that come from having a family sealed together. I was so happy because I was able to take out my picture of you all my family and testify of the love and unity that comes from being sealed together as a family and how the Gospel blesses our family. I never realized how much of a blessing it is for us to be sealed until I realized last night and saw the struggles that come to families not sealed. I am so grateful to be apart of an Eternal family :) and to help otheres have one.
Well that is pretty much the week, just some good work going on. and well there is nothing else that I can think of that I need maybe some pancake mix..
I hope you all have a great week! love you
Elder Boyer
p.s. Oh and Adam I havent forgotten about the purification talk. I will try and copy it today so that I can send it off to you this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment