Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Letter 54:: 12/30/2013


Well that was pretty cool to see those pictures you sent me of Robs homecoming. It was great to see my friends and they look great. Super weird that Rob is home though..
Anyways yes it was so great to talk to you on Christmas. I loved hearing all of your voices and getting the low down on life. I am glad you had a good Christmas! wherever you were. half of us were here in New Jersey. That is funny that they found that picture cleaning the church.. I left it there to see if they would :) oh and we had a super close run in like aaron said, he saw the car I was in. I was on exchange with the mapelwood elders and they said we had to go pick the other elders up. on the way he said we were going to the Nelsons house.. I did my best to try and make it not happen but we ended up going and I decided to duck..and hide. So I never saw anyone, but they told me aaron was on the porch.. haha.
Like I said it was great to have Christmas and have a lot of amazing things happen out here and to be able to here from the family a lot. Thank you for all the gifts and notes and cards. I am very grateful for it! I am ready again to focus and dedicate myself completely to this work..It is sad to think I really dont have a ton of time left, so I am going to make sure I give everything to the Lord this year and from what I have experienced so far that is when I will be the happiest :)
Things are going really well out here. We have some solid investigators. Nora and Daniel, who are preparing and are very close to baptism.. all they need to do is get married ( not to eachother but to there pareja) but they both have a date set to get married and then baptized and are almost there :) so good news there. Also Marissa is doing so good. It has been so great to see the change in her and how the Gospel is bringing more happiness to her life she really wants to prepare for baptism and she has a date now for Febuary 2.! :) Our appointment yesterday was good but it was a little scary too because she had just woken up and her kids had pretty much destroyed the house while she was sleeping so she wasnt in a very good mood.. so we decided just to teach her daughter Nayisha who is 10 and about 10 minutes later she came out and we had a lesson, I thought of the scripture in mosiah, "to mourn with those that mourn and comfort those that stand in need of comfort" she opened up to us and told us her struggles in life and how we literally came to her at a time when she needs us, she feels that a hole in her as been filled and we testified that there are even more blessing awaiting her. That is pretty much what happened in every lesson this week. It is also the first time an investigator has wanted us to come over every day and teach. It strenghtens her.
Oh also this week I had my first opportunity to give a baptismal interview. It was for the sisters investigator, Her name is Catalina. Her Situation as well has been a great Miracle. She has had the baptismal date set for the 29 for awhile but there were many obstacles. We all prayed and fasted for her that all would work out. Then the sisters called me to give a interview. I agreed and was very nervous as well because I wanted to make sure this was a spiritual experience as well as be able to Judge correctly and see if she was ready for baptism. I prayed a lot. her situation was difficult as well but the time for the interview came and it went really well. The conversations went well, I had no problem with the language the spirit was there and I knew she was ready to be baptized. So yesterday she was baptized!
that is Just a little bit about what is going on out here. More than anything I am just grateful to be a missionary and I appreciate more and more each day. It is hard but I am grateful to be a representative of Jesus Christ. I love it. I know the Savior lives and loves us. . I love the Book of Mormon and the special peace it brings to my life especially when I am stressed and anxious and feel inadequate.I love you and know to we can each recieve Eternal life. Keep going strong it is worth it. Love you
Elder Boyer
P.s Happy Birthday Grandma!!


sorry I know you want me to wirte who they are but this computer is a little difficult I will do my best. The last one was another missionary named Rob world and some of me and my Companion Elder King in New York :)
This one is
1. Sister Daniels. We went to High School together
2. Alex Boye. He is famous. and cool
3 Me and the Jeppsons

 Mandy speaking:: I am totally jealous and love that you got to meet him!! SOOOooo cool!!! I was just watching this cool Frozen African Style youtube he made the other day...it was amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment