Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Letter 53:: 12/9/2013


Haha well hello this week was just a great week. I loved it. I will apoligize in advance because this letter might be jumbled and . We are doing a christmas fireside Next week for all of the New Jersey Stakes in spanish. and we are practicing today and we are leaving in like 20 minutes to head to the practice.. I am super excited though. It is one of the best things of the whole year to do the fireside and to be able to see all the people that we have taught in our old areas and the missionaries we havent seen for awhile.. also today is like a half p day. because the rest of it will be on Friday and we are going to the Temple again! yes I am sooo excited. We are actually going in the night this time so it will be interesting to see new york at night during christmas. But I really am most excited to go to the Temple I love it there so much and not being able to go as much helps you appreciate it. I cant wait to feel the powerful and peaceful spirit there :)
But yes I ran into Mary Lou and Jack this weekend it was pretty fun. I am not going to lie Jacks face was super funny as I shook his hand. I walked up and said hello to him with all the missionaries and then he did a double take and realized it was me. I was on an exchange with another Elder and it was an eventful one. We walked in to the chapel to teach a member only to find out we walked into her wedding ceremony, Then we went to the Christmas party and then Church on Sunday. They have a great ward, I loved getting to know the people and the different cultures. That was the first time I have been to an English speaking ward on my mission and I was expecting it to be like Church at home.. but it was different. There are so many people from different places in Africa. I loved it. I loved working with Elder Hunt as well who is a great missionary.
Other than that the area is going well.I am growing to love it more and more each day. We have some pretty solid investigators. Two who are pretty much members but they just need to get married to their spouse before they can be baptized.  That will hopefully come soon :) Also Marisa is doing well, she came to church yesterday and we have another Baptismal date with a girl named Lissy who I actually have never met.. but apparently she is super prepared and awesome. so I am excited to meet her.
I love this Christmas season so much, people are so receptive and happy to hear about Jesus Christ. We have been passing out "Joy to the World" dvd pass a long cards like crazy and truly trying to help others remember Jesus Christ this year and to feel his spirit. I feel very privledged to be able to testify of Christ.
I dont know if you got to see the Devotional last night. It was great. I loved it. I felt so strongly the spirit of Christ touch my heart. I am Thankful for what Christ has done for us and I know that he is our Savior. That he bled and died for us. He lives and this is his Gospel. God has given us such a great gift. I love you all. Have a great week!!
Feliz Navidad<
Elder Tanner Boyer
P.s I forgot to tell you last week that I jumped for joy when you said you set up the decorations. :) I love walking the streets here and seeing all the decorations. so good job being a house that makes others happy

No comments:

Post a Comment