Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Letter 52:: 12/2/2013


So that is the news I have been called to serve in Elizabeth Port, and I am pretty excited. It is a pretty cool and interesting place here and the people I have met are great. I will tell you about them in a little bit.. But yes I am not going to lie it was a pretty hard transition at first, harder than I expected and it still is a little hard. I found myself being homesick or areasick for Somerset at the beginning of the week. Plus it was a new experience for me. Last time I was transferred We were both new to the area so it was hard but I felt comfortable. Coming here my companion has been here for about 5 months and his spanish is really good. I felt like I was just starting my mission again and I didnt know what to do or how to be a missionary and I realized how much I need to improve my spanish..It was a little discouraging. But I am feeling more comfortable now after a lot of Prayer and receieving strength from the Lord. I read this scripture today and I loved it. I realized That I need to put more trust in the Lord and use his strength to be confident preach the Gospel and that Faith comes from actively doing something and not sitting and waiting for blessings and being discoraged.
 10 Therefore we did pour out our souls in prayer to God, that he would strengthen us and deliver us out of the hands of our enemies, yea, and also give us strength that we might retain our cities, and our lands, and our possessions, for the support of our people.
 11 Yea, and it came to pass that the Lord our God did visit us with assurances that he would deliver us; yea, insomuch that he did speak peace to our souls, and did grant unto us great faith, and did cause us that we should hope for our adeliverance in him. Alma 58: 10 - 11
I loved it and I felt so much peace as I read it. I was also given the opportunity to serve as a District Leader again. I am very excited and I already love my district so much. My goal is to serve and bless them to the very best way. It is a great group. The Sisters are amazing missionaries and I am pretty positive that they should be leading us Anyways we are going to do the work of the Lord

So my companions name is Elder King from Logan Utah. He is great and I am excited to work with him. He actually reminds me a lot of mysel
f. So we get along well and are both willing to work hard and be the best missionaries we can be. So that is good :)
The new area is also great! There are so many houses and they are all like 4 feet away from the next one. Everywhere. Pretty much is just concrete and houses haha and a lot of hispanic people so we dont need to worry about teaching any English people :) Also the Newark airport is actually in our area so we just see airplanes fly over us and it is really loud but I like it. The people here are obviously the best part. I havent met a lot yet but I love the ones that I have. There is quite a bit of work here and the area is little more established then Somerset was.The ward here is pretty great.  it is interesting though because it is a Spanish ward and then an English Branch is there as well and they are together in all the classes but they have seperate Sacrament meetings.  There is a translator in every class translating the teaching into English for the English ones :) Oh another fun fact. I am super close to Jack and Mari Lou. In fact we have our District meetings in the Maplewood Chapel. It was funny because I was there and I was looking at the missionaries in the ward and then I saw a plaque of Analese and then another one for her brother. I wanted to take a picture but my camera died..I like how There family pretty much consists of the missionaries in that ward :) The missionaries in their ward. Elder Clow and Hunt are actually in our District. Elder Mclain is also a District leader and he told me that they were in his area. It is a small world after all ;) 

Well to finish off I just want to let you know about the invesigators that we have. One is named Daniel and well he is from the DR, his girlfriend is still there and he is here with his 3 kids. They have know the Church for awhile and both want to be baptized they just need to be married. He is going to the DR soon to get married and baptized and then come back here with her. He is a super cool and good man. We are also teaching twins named lensi and Nayisha. They are 10 years old and from Peru who really want to be baptized. I actually havent met them yet But I have met the Mother who is named Marisa and she is agreat. Very humble and in tune with the spirit. We taught her last night and it was a experience that I wont forget. Just like the scipture you sent it was A tender mercy from the Lord. As we were teaching her the words we said spoke peace to her heart and she wants to have more. She pointed it out to us and why she did. It wasnt only the words we said but who we are. I am hopeful and excited for her progression. We also have great Recent Converts who are working toward going to the Temple named Silvas. They were baptized a few months ago.
Well That is the update for the week. I know it is kind of a lot. I love you all! sounds like you had a great thanksgiving. I did too we had some good peruvian food and even American food :)
Love you Elder Tanner Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment