Saturday, September 28, 2013

Letter 42:: 8/26/2013


Wow I was thinking about that this morning that it would be MacLeans Farewell yesterday.. weird to think about so that means that he leaves this Wednesday right? That is sweet! I am so excited for him.
 I am loving my mission more that ever right now. It is amazing, and it is the hard work that makes it so worth it and feel so good. I have never been this happy ever in my whole life :) It is great. 
 Well this week did work out as planned so at times it was difficult but we know the lord had a hand in all of it and that is what helps us to be happy and because of it I feel like I have learned a little more about how to be a selfless servant of the lord. My love for those we serve has grown tremendously this week. 
 So about half way through the week the sisters got a text from K. and for personal reasons she said she had changed her mind and did not want to be baptized. We were all very sad,  I don't know if I have ever been so sad about an investigator. It was hard because we did not know what to do, so we prayed a lot. The next day we were completely guided by the spirit and led to help her in the best way. Our logical thought and safe thought was to give her some space and see how she feels later in the week . The spirit said otherwise.. so we followed though it was difficult. us, Our district leader, and the sisters went over to her house that night and with some help from her little sister she let us in. The spirit was very strong as we were in the room there was a feeling of so much love and peace, we also knew that we each needed to be there for that visit because our different talents helped her differently. She didn't say much but was very emotional and accepted us to come back. It felt great to know we were led by the spirit to help her that night. But that wasn't the end of it. We continued to pray for her and to know what to do. The next day we went on exchanges with the Zone leaders and I was with Elder Shrader, the one who did her baptismal interview. He is awesome by the way. We were again able to go over and talk to her and share a simple lesson. Her spirits were a lot happier, It was a miracle for us that she was so happy, she prayed and accepted to come to sacrament on Sunday. Then Sunday came and she wasn't there. Again I felt very sad and pretty disappointed and wondered what we could have done better or how we could have helped her more, but I felt it was Gods plan.. And it was. we Later found out that she couldnt come because she was sick. Last night we had an appointment with her and we brought another member. It was amazing how the spirit again directed the lesson. At first it was shaky but we taught about faith and what we can do. Near the end we turned to the member and asked her a question. Her response was exactly what Keiry needed and was prompted by the spirit. I even thought to myself " she probably thinks we practiced this because it addressed her concern so perfect" well we didnt.I dont think The member even knew her concern. but God did. We then gave her a blessing. So things are going better. I honestly feel that this experience is happening and helping to be converted to the gospel, she will get there but it will take time and it is Gods time. 
I have just come to realize through this experience and some others how to have Charity. I have been praying for that and I have really felt it. I was reading today that you gain Charity for someone as you serve them and that really struck me. It is simple. The more I strive to serve and bless our investigators and the more I forget myself the more I love them and I the more happier I am. That is what has made me love my mission even more. Charity, the pure love of Christ.
I love the Gospel and know that it is true.
Well it is time to go.. This is the last week of the transfer so it should be fun. Take care and have fun! Love You All! :) 
Love Elder Tanner Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment