Saturday, September 28, 2013

Letter 43:: 9/9/2013


Well hi. Sorry it has just been a crazy few weeks out here in good old Jersey.  Lots of things have happened and I dont remeber them...( that is the beauty of a journal right :)) haha but I remember what happened today. So I had a Doctors appointment with Doctor Thomas. He is a doctor in North Arlington, NJ and he us a member so they send missionarys to him. He is pretty sweet, except he drilled me on all these gospel questions that I didnt know and now he told me I have some work to do. I am excited :) but it was just a check up to see if all is well with my body because of the medication I take and he asked me about it... remember that Dr. ferre wrote me a persription to last a year.. well here is the weird thing, it has almost been a year. But dr. Thomas the doctor I talked today was able to write me another perscription on all the medication and most likely will be able to do that every few months for the rest of the mission. I just wanted to get your opinion about it. Oh and on the way home the Gps died and we were in the middle of Newark and had no idea how to get to Brunswick from there.. It was one of those come what may and love it experiences. We had a good time and something crazy happened, nothing real dangerous but super funny' Lets just say Elder Perez is afraid of spiders and there was a big one in our car while we were driviing.. tooo funny a little risky.
 But anyways this week was a good one. I learned a lot. Especially about being more selfless. At the beginning of the week I was feeling pretty stressed. We arent teaching a whole lot of people and it is hard to build this area up. I was feeling down and wondering what I could do for this area. But I realized I need to put more focus on Elder Perez to bless his life. IN all I learned to stop worrying about myself and to pay attention to others and do what is best for them. When I do that I dont need to worry about being happy that is when I am the happiest. It just takes work and it is easier to be selfish. Our monthly focus this month is Charity.The pure love of Christ " As I have loved you,  love one another" It has already helped me as I focus on that. As I think about it I am more able to do the things the savior would do because I understand a little more why he does them. Because he loves us. Part of that goal has been to pray for Charity in EVERY prayer that we say, and obviously mean it. It is great cuz it is a gift and we will recieve if we ask :) I already feel more love
 So like I said we are in search for people to teach.. so if  you know anyone in this area let us know. but besides the finding things are going well. Especailly with K. Ever since we taught her howto better understand the scriptures she has done pretty well and says that she loves the scriptures plus she is progressing more and more each time, church, praying and you can tell she is happier. The hard part is helping her to see it. There are also a bunch of young women her age and they are awesome, they just are great friends and she loves them and they love her. This past week we were able to reset her baptismal date for next sunday :) and we are going to do all we can to continue to feel the spirit this week.  she is ready. So baptism next week :)
 Other than that not much else is happning. It was suuuper hot here and now it is finally starting to cool down. Oh and we got some sweer bikes, hopefully that will help with the whole area picking up :)
Sounds like some crazy things are happening back there haha. I think the biggest suprise was grandma and rex on the tube ;) and the hot tob is leaving Bear Lake :(.. but atleast it is going to Adam and Vanessas :) haha oh and I heard about the college football, good things!  Yes yes yes. well as for the goodies in the box anything would be much appeciated, somehow we are running a little low on the mission money, but were learning good budgeting skills. ( I know your proud mom :) haha but we dont really have snacks. oh and just a question. There should be a strap that hooks to my backpack to make it into a satchel thing. If yall could send that it would be great. Part of the new dress code is to have those bags and not backpacks'.. but Elder Wood is going to give me a bag he has. so we should be good. it is just missing a strap. sorry I rambled a lot in this letter.  Ok and last suggestion. there are a few cds... not proirity or anything but thoughts.. the lower lights there are two cds and nashville tribute "the work", I have the J. smith one. IF there is anyway you could find any of those. That would be sweet.
 I know that this is the work of God and that doing the small and simple things is what will bless us for eternity. It is true awesome and powerful.. Pray for Charity it helps so much 1 corithians 13 1-8  it really puts things into perpective. Nothing feels better. I love you all so much and hope and pray that all happens for the best.
Love Elder Tanner Boyer

No comments:

Post a Comment